Today is a special day ladies, gentlemen, superheroes and spoons, because on this most ostentatious occasion I can finally express my insanity in its truest form. Yes, I am what medical doctors, psychics and fortunetellers call, "a crazy writer person who talks with make-believe characters". No, I am not ashamed of it. Yes, I will continue to chat with these people. And of course you can't call the po-po! Unless you want the po-po to think you're crazy for wasting their time, and that, my mo-mos, is a no-no. ^_^
Livetowrite's character blogfest begins at this very instant and in case you're too lazy to visit the site and read about it there, here's a quick summary of today's criteria:
February 6th - Monday: Characters on the couch: Have one of your characters answer the following questions (to make this work to your benefit, choose a character who is the hardest for you to write :) Max 250 words (Not including the questions—only the answers).
- What is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret?
- What do people believe about you that is false?
- What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why?
- What would the same friend say is your one redeeming quality? Why?
- What do you want most? What will you do to get it?
I have a slew of great characters to choose from, but I'd like to introduce you to a secondary villain from my WIP, Portrayer: Say hello to Magician's Xykerious (zy-kee-ree-us); a small, very sickly looking man that wears black, ruby encrusted armor; carries a zombie child on his back; has no eyes or nose; and wields two fiery broadswords. What sort of personality does a person this ghastly possess?
1) Xykerious, what is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret?
Not a single iota of my being is vulnerable. I can do anything--kill anyone--and ravage mountains without so much as a scrape. I am insulted you would pose such a despicable question to one as great as I. How about I slice off your head and see how vulnerable you are, eh?
2) Um *gulps* no thank you, I like my head where it is. So, ur, wh-what do people believe about you that is false?
I don't keep them alive long enough to ask.
3) Okay then, moving swiftly onward: What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why?
The word "friend" eludes me. I am an assassin of the great Magician Maximillion, born from the depths of hell and fueled by his undying hate; I have no emotion, no remorse--however, my lord has noted I have a certain fondness for marshmallows. I am ashamed to say I fancy them greatly. Tell anyone of this *pulls out his fiery sword and points it* and I will slice open your chest, rip out your heart and devour it while you watch every blood curdling second.
4) 0_0 Marshmallows? You don't say? Um, and what would this "lord" say is your one redeeming quality? Why?
*Points sword closer to my chest* Change the subject!
5) Okay, okay! Last question. What do you want most? What will you do to get it?
I want this world to accept the new religion of the great Maximillion. All believers will be saved and all naysayers will be destroyed by The Great Fire. I will eradicate anything and anyone who oppose him, especially the Alterheroes that protect this world, and even the all mighty Portrayer.
And there you have it. This is just one of the many sordid people that exist in my head, and, trust me, he is not the last. The blogfest continues on February 8th, and this time we have to introduce two characters in dialogue. I can't wait to share a few more of them and if you thought Xykerious was, ur, colorful, then wait 'til you meet the rest.