Monday 6 February 2012

I'm Seriously Hearing Voices



Today is a special day ladies, gentlemen, superheroes and spoons, because on this most ostentatious occasion I can finally express my insanity in its truest form. Yes, I am what medical doctors, psychics and fortunetellers call, "a crazy writer person who talks with make-believe characters". No, I am not ashamed of it. Yes, I will continue to chat with these people. And of course you can't call the po-po! Unless you want the po-po to think you're crazy for wasting their time, and that, my mo-mos, is a no-no. ^_^

Livetowrite's character blogfest begins at this very instant and in case you're too lazy to visit the site and read about it there, here's a quick summary of today's criteria:


February 6th - MondayCharacters on the couch: Have one of your characters answer the following questions (to make this work to your benefit, choose a character who is the hardest for you to write :) Max 250 words (Not including the questions—only the answers). 
  1. What is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret?
  2. What do people believe about you that is false?
  3. What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why?
  4. What would the same friend say is your one redeeming quality? Why?
  5. What do you want most? What will you do to get it? 


I have a slew of great characters to choose from, but I'd like to introduce you to a secondary villain from my WIP, Portrayer: Say hello to Magician's Xykerious (zy-kee-ree-us); a small, very sickly looking man that wears black, ruby encrusted armor; carries a zombie child on his back; has no eyes or nose; and wields two fiery broadswords. What sort of personality does a person this ghastly possess?

1) Xykerious, what is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret? 

 Not a single iota of my being is vulnerable. I can do anything--kill anyone--and ravage mountains without so much as a scrape. I am insulted you would pose such a despicable question to one as great as I. How about I slice off your head and see how vulnerable you are, eh?


2) Um *gulps* no thank you, I like my head where it is. So, ur, wh-what do people believe about you that is false? 

I don't keep them alive long enough to ask.


3) Okay then, moving swiftly onward: What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why? 

The word "friend" eludes me. I am an assassin of the great Magician Maximillion, born from the depths of hell and fueled by his undying hate; I have no emotion, no remorse--however, my lord has noted I have a certain fondness for marshmallows. I am ashamed to say I fancy them greatly. Tell anyone of this *pulls out his fiery sword and points it* and I will slice open your chest, rip out your heart and devour it while you watch every blood curdling second.


4) 0_0 Marshmallows? You don't say? Um, and what would this "lord" say is your one redeeming quality? Why? 

*Points sword closer to my chest* Change the subject!


5) Okay, okay! Last question. What do you want most? What will you do to get it? 

I want this world to accept the new religion of the great Maximillion. All believers will be saved and all naysayers will be destroyed by The Great Fire. I will eradicate anything and anyone who oppose him, especially the Alterheroes that protect this world, and even the all mighty Portrayer.


And there you have it. This is just one of the many sordid people that exist in my head, and, trust me, he is not the last. The blogfest continues on February 8th, and this time we have to introduce two characters in dialogue. I can't wait to share a few more of them and if you thought Xykerious was, ur, colorful, then wait 'til you meet the rest.

Cheers!

42 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

He's a fiery little devil, isn't he. And, I couldn't pronounce his name for anything. Very interesting character.

T.D. McFrost said...

Thanks so much for stopping by Miranda! ^_^

His name is pronounced Zy-kee-ree-us. Hope this helped.

Kyra Lennon said...

I'm a little bit scared! He certainly likes to get right to the point lol! Great job!

T.D. McFrost said...

Thanks so much Kyra! And I'm off to check out your stuff! I've checked 10 so far, just 65 more to go! 0_0

Emily R. King said...

I'm glad you survived the interview! He's a bit terrifying, isn't he?

Cassie Mae said...

Laughing my butt off! I'm surprised you're alive to post this interview :)

T.D. McFrost said...

hehe ^_^

DLGardner said...

Colorful indeed, all shades of blood red!! You were quite daring interview that little tyke. (Where did he get the zombie on his back?) Good job.

Jenny S. Morris said...

Love the voice! Funniest one I've read so far!!

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

MMmmm Marshmallows :)
Yeah, that interview must have been intense. I'm glad I wasn't conducting it ;)

JE said...

Oh, that certainly had me on the edge of my seat. All while laughing. He sounds like a great character to write. Nice job!

~JD

Angela Cothran said...

I LOVED Xy, Tyson. He is CREEPY! I'm so glad you made it out of that interview with your head :) I love a villain with a weakness for marshmallows! Fantastic job! And a zombie baby? *shivers*

T.D. McFrost said...

It's so good to meet all the new blog friends. I'll hop over to your homes and follow.

I still have 19 blogs to visit but I'm tired and I'll finish later.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

He is evil. Wow...what an impressive villain. Great job, Frost.

Morgan said...

New follower here... I found your link by Rach Harrie's Campaign. Fun interview! Thanks for sharing and glad to be connected! :D

Tara Tyler said...

wow! what a violent minion! i wouldnt want to be on his list!
great voice!

Leigh Covington said...

He sounds like a pleasant chap... NOT! Sounds very intriguing and freaky though. Good interview.

Cortney Pearson said...

This cracked me up! I especially loved it when he declared his love for marshmallows and drew his sword. :)

Jess said...

Great job! He's a really cool character but I can't say I'd like to meet him, lol. Sounds like a really cool story!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Followed you back :)

Jo Schaffer said...

(= Thanks for the congrats, you cute thing, you!
I am a fellow crazy person who talks to people in my head-- and it is finally paying off! Keep up the good work!!!
Hugs!

ryan field said...

I enjoyed this ;)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

lol, I love Xykerious and the fact he likes marshmellows.

Deana said...

Holy smokes this dude is such a hellion he kind of cracked me up. I love him! And the fact that he carries a zombie baby on his back... I wanna read the book just to find out why:)

Melodie Wright said...

I heart Marshmallows.
I'm thinking this is a metaphor for Zy-Kee. Or maybe hoping it is...the zombie baby thing kinda freaked me out a little bit.

Melissa Dean said...

Great Post! Hilarious. I'm in your YA Campaign Group and I can tell you now, I can't wait to read more from you. Awesome!

McKenzie McCann said...

Hysterical as always, T.D.

I didn't expect a sickly man with such a name to be so...scary? I think there's a better word out there, but I'll go with scary.

T.D. McFrost said...

Thank you so very much for the support guys! Now I'm off to follow and stalk each and every one of you. ^_^

Unknown said...

We are in the same group for the platform-building campaign so I thought I would stop by and say hi!

Sabrina A. Fish said...

The penchant for marshmallows cracked me up. Um, but let's keep that between us. As close as I am to finishing my WIP, I'd rather keep my head...and my heart where they belong. *grin*

I will see you around the campaign trail. Go team fantasy!

T.D. McFrost said...

WOOT! Go team fantasy! Let's kick everyone's butt! :D

Deniz Bevan said...

Hey there fellow campaigner! Glad I stumbled on a post where I get to meet your characters - at sword point!

Tasha Seegmiller said...

Ha! A heartless killer with a fondness of marshmallows. Great job.

Sara said...

I love the marshmallows! I wonder how he would fee about smores? I wonder if he would spare someones life if they introduced him to smores.

David P. King said...

Stopping by to say hello from the Campaign. Looking forward to the awesomeness. And your blog is awesome, so I'm following now. :)

I didn't have a chance to do this blogfest, but I've enjoyed reading many of them. And you have a solid character. Nice one!

Kerri Cuev said...

Stopping by from the Campaign to say hello. You have a fun little blog here :)

T.D. McFrost said...

I love meeting and following new awesome folks, so keep it coming guys--the more the merrier! ^_^

Unknown said...

LOL. I know he was threatening, but he made me laugh!

Dani said...

I don't know who I liked better. You or him. Very interesting. I want to read more! Thanks for sharing.

Jackie said...

Yikes! He's scary... but in a I-can't-wait-to-see-this-in-the-bookstores type of way! ^_^
Well done!

Angela Cothran said...

I wanted you to know you are in my top 10 for this challenge :)

Unknown said...

Great job! Just dropped in to say hi. I'm on the journey of meeting fellow campaigners. Looking forward to a long friendship through blogging.
Kathy

Hywela Lyn said...

Crumbs, I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley! :) Great interview!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...