Wednesday 15 February 2012

11 Questions From Kathleen Doyle



It's not very often I have to answer 11 questions about various things (unless I get pulled over by the cops for driving nude--no I'm kidding. Maybe.) but today I'm about to do just that.  Kathleen Doyle over at Writing, Reading, and Life (a fantastacally awesome blog btw) tagged me in a meme. For this challenge I have to do the aformentioned thing (while fully clothed) and then tag 11 other bloggers to answer 11 questions of mine. Sounds awesome, right? You bet it is, so let the fun begin.

1. On average, how often do you look in a mirror (practicing faces for your writing does count!)


A lot of girls think I ogle myself in the mirror all the time and that's just not true. I do so when I wake up to wash my face, when I flex to remind myself it's not my fault I get dumped (often) and on the rare occasion I feel a pimple and simply must rush to check it out.


2. What is your weirdest/strangest/most interesting habit? Be honest!

I masturbate twenty times a day. NO! I'm kidding! Come on, I can make those jokes.

But on a serious note, this question is asked in an interview all the time, and the bullshit answer would be I'm obsessive compulsive. However, the honest answer would be this: I poop after every meal. I believe a healthy colon is key to good health, so I get all those toxins out as soon as possible. Many people let that waste sit for whatever reason and that hurts your internal system. This is one of the reasons doctors recommend eight glasses of water a day, but, let's face it, no one does that. Instead, I eat bananas at least twice a week. Potassium aids in digestion and it also stimulates norepinephrine, hence making you a bit happier and energized. So ya, poop often people!    


3. If you could go anywhere in the UNIVERSE, where would it be and why? (Fictional places are totally part of the universe.)

Aw man, it would definitely be the world I created called Synthanee. This universe has all the fantastic scenery (floating mountains, upside down rivers and flying houses) you can imagine. There are holidays where you can get anything you want for a day--save for world domination--, festivals where you can swap lives, gadgets that enable you to create personal copies of anything, paper that records your thoughts and islands where all male or female tribes fulfill your sexual fantasies.

This is where I am most of the time. :D
    
4. What fictional character do you hate with a passion?

There are a lot, but it would have to be Father Maximilian from my WIP, Portrayer. He wants to kill everyone that doesn't accept his religion and the manner he wishes to accomplish this is by destroying the world with fire, as opposed to water used by God. For me, people should have the right to choose their beliefs. I'm a Christian and it irks me when I see other Christians damn anyone who isn't. That is neither responsible, kind or understanding; in fact, it defies the very thing god wants us to be. I also have no fucking clue why they're so obsessed with homosexuality. They love just like any other person, the only difference is that they love each other. I'm sorry but god is a loving god, and he doesn't condemn love--unless it's a Nephilim mating with humans. I know there's some awful things in the bible regarding homosexuality, but the the way I see it is this:  The bible was revised many times. The majority of the proverbs are god's word and some are the biased opinions of man.

I digressed because Maximilian destroys anything and anyone he believes is not "right". I can't wait for the Portrayer, Sarah, to whup his ass.


5. Upon landing on a deserted tropical island, you realize you have only one thing to help you survive! What is it?

My family. I can't live without the ones I love. I would die of a broken heart, and that is no joke.


6. What do you hoard collect?

I used to collect Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic the Gathering Cards, but now I collect rejection letters. I respect each and every person I query, so their snail mail rejections are like my own little souvenir--kinda like an autograph. The fancier the letter, the happier I am. Weird, huh?


7. You’ve just landed on a brand new, never before discovered planet. What do you name it?

Illantus.


8. Fill in the blank: I am proud of myself for _______________.

Not conforming to popular culture, radicalism and warped religious views.

9. You have half an hour to cook a meal for your family/friends/people. What do you make?

Lasagna. I know it takes a long time, but it's the only dish I know how to make.


10. You’ve just been asked to give an impromptu speech on any subject. What do you talk about?

This is hard. Fantasy, maybe? I'm not an expert but I can teach people a thing or two.


11. Is there life beyond our planet?

I think so. Wouldn't it be cool to be friends with someone who can take you on a ride through the universe? 




Now it's your turn! 



This is what I want to know about you guys:


1) Which power would you prefer: control over time or the ability to reformat matter?


2) If you could put a note in a bottle, send it to sea and receive it out of the blue twenty years later what would it say?


3) What would you fix about yourself? Why?


4) If you were president of all seven continents (including Antarctica) what would be the first thing on your agenda?


5) Name one book you dislike. Why?


6) If you were a food, which would it be?


7) In memory of the incomparable Whitney Houston, name your favorite song and explain why. 


8) If you could eliminate one thing from this world what would it be? (And you can't say the Kardashians.)


9) Fill in the blank: I love to singa about the moona and the juna and the springa, I love to singa, about______  


10) Which do you love the most: TV or the Internet? Why?


11) If you could carry one thing into the afterlife, what would it be?



I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Have a great day!

18 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

Can I come to Synthanee with you? :D

T.D. McFrost said...

Most definitely! You're all invited!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Oh Frost Lord...I knew this would be so worth my cyber trip over to read! You crack me up. And no, it's not all all weird to be happy with a fancy rejection. It's part of the process.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

and I have saved your questions...will be getting to those soon. :)

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Oh unfair sir! I now have been tagged twice by this blogging meme. I just read your comment on my blog and T.D., I'm just going to say this..."GO AND WATCH CHRONICLE". Then if you can honestly come back and say, "Michael, that guy looks nothing like Leonardo diCaprio..." I shall accept this. But as Alyson points out, the pictures don't really do the justice.

BTW...if you did masturbate 20 times a day I would have been more impressed. 1) That's a lot and 2) That's a lot.

Jay Noel said...

Excellent answers.

I too poop pretty much after every meal. And don't forget the Magnesium. It goes along with Potassium.

You still have all of the cards you collected? If so, keep them. You never know when you might want to get some inspiration!

L.C. said...

I went to a "Christian" college, so I know exactly what you mean by some people's attitudes in that sort of community...most people were fine, but there were some crazies, for sure.

Thanks for the tag. :-) I answered your Qs here! http://lcfrost.blogspot.com/2012/02/11-questions.html

DEZMOND said...

ah, we shall have to give you some cooking lessons, can't go around making just lasagne :)

Katie Dunn said...

I can honestly say that Poop as an answer never crossed my mind as a possibility! It was very honest, lol=)
Those are some great answers to my questions! Thanks for answering=)

T.D. McFrost said...

It was my pleasure! I had fun. ^_^

Misha Gerrick said...

Those are some great answers. And questions. I agree with you that judgemental Christians go against what our faith is about. :-)

Marieke said...

Synthanee sounds amazing! :D

Nice to meet you! Fellow Campaigner and new follower here! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Interesting answers and questions.

I don't know how to make lasagna, so you're a far more advanced cook than me. I don't cook at all.

I've kept my favorite rejection letters. By favorite I mean they were detailed, thoughtful, and even made me into a better writer.

Sabrina A. Fish said...

I love that you'd want your family on that deserted island. I truly hope my son feels that way about his family when he grows up. So sweet.
Your other answers cracked me up!

T.D. McFrost said...

Thanks guys. And thank you Sabrina.

Erin Kane Spock said...

Well now I know you better. And you're not kidding about the masturbation. I can tell. :) I bet your right arm is way overdeveloped (see the shake weight SNL add).
Nice to meet you, fellow campaigner.

T.D. McFrost said...

Omg Erin you made my day. That was funny.

Nice to meet you buddy! ^_^

Unknown said...

I'm here from the campaign

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...