Monday 27 February 2012

And The Oscar Goes To...



Octavia Spencer!

Let me tell you, as a fan of her work it's about bloody time! I remember the first movie I saw her in was A Time to Kill and then in the X Files. She brought life and depth to her roles that was so...real. I know that's cliche but I watch so many actors on screen and I just don't believe them. She, however, captivates me.

I wish you nothing but success and good fortune Octavia. Now it's time to sit back and enjoy the ride.

You've made it. ^_^

Another well deserved win: Jean Dujardin. Love that name!

I must admit, I saw the Artist over the weekend and LOVED it! His performance was riveting to watch. It's also a huge plus that he beat George Clooney! Ha! Take that George.

Other Oscar Winners included:


Meryl Streep, Best Lead Actress, The Iron Lady. 

This meant Viola Davis had to lose, but Meryl did an amazing job as Britain's first female Prime Minister. I was in awe the entire movie. Just wow...












Christopher Plummer, Best Supporting Actor, The Beginners.



He's 82 years old. He played a father of kids who came out of the closet late in life. Nothing more can be said. Absolutely brilliant!

Michel Hazanavicius, Best Director, The Artist.


Never heard of him until now. But job well done!


The Artist, Best Picture. 



If you saw the Artist, you know that this victory is a trite and resounding: DUH!

7 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

Octavia Spencer is amazing!

Not gonna lie, I really wanted to see Gary Oldman take home an Oscar, but I knew it wasn't going to happen this year. Not really sure how he has been overlooked for so long, but hopefully he'll get another chance next year!

Miranda Hardy said...

I didn't see the Artist, but I'm sure it was well deserved.

Erin Kane Spock said...

I saw very few movies this past year and, like every time Oscars come around, I promise myself I'll see the ones nominated for best picture. Only this time I really plan to do it.

farawayeyes said...

Yeah ~ Octavia Spencer

Cable went-did not see the end of the Academy Awards.

The Artist did not play here on the island. Can't hardly wait for Netflix.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the highlights since I missed the show. I'm going to catch up on some of these films and actors that I haven't seen.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I have not watched the Oscars in years, so thanks for the update!

ryan field said...

Is that you "Frost Lord," on FB? I hate to sent friend requests unless I know the person. I accept all the time from people I don't know. But I know there are people who don't accept requests unless they know who the person is. So I figured I'd ask first.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...