Wednesday 30 May 2012

LEAP Into The Furture

New tech startup "Leap" is stirring the web with the introduction of their LEAP MOTION device which allows you to control your computer without the need for a mouse or keyboard.

 


"Leap represents an entirely new way to interact with your computers. It’s more accurate than a mouse, as reliable as a keyboard and more sensitive than a touchscreen.  For the first time, you can control a computer in three dimensions with your natural hand and finger movements.

This isn’t a game system that roughly maps your hand movements.  The Leap technology is 200 times more accurate than anything else on the market — at any price point. Just about the size of a flash drive, the Leap can distinguish your individual fingers and track your movements down to a 1/100th of a millimeter.

This is like day one of the mouse.  Except, no one needs an instruction manual for their hands."



This is nothing original with regard to the technology (Microsoft has successfully used this technology for their Kinect gaming systems) but something like this has yet to be done soley for computers and the average consumer. As a writer, I'm excited by this because it opens up a whole new way for me to present (not necessarily write) my work to readers. I firmly believe that tech giants, Apple, Sony and Microsoft, have groomed the buying public to expect innovation and interaction with their products, regardless if it's something as archaic as books. With touchcreen devices, e-readers and all the other technologies out there, it seems backward not to take advantage of them. How? Well, that will be up to you.

As a gamer and pc user, this is absolutely AMAZING! It'll be fun to try my most favorite games and surf my favorite sites using nothing by my fingers.



You can find our more about LEAP MOTION technology by visiting their website. And you can check out the device in action:



6 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Okay this is the coolest thing I have seen today. I work in assistive technology and just sent it out in an email. We are probably going to be purchasing some asap to demonstrate.

As for my name on Diablo 3. My real ID I think is under moffutt514 or perhaps my email. I'm a little scatterbrained right now.

Sylvia said...

oh my gosh that looks pretty spectacular. I want to work with that yesterday!

DEZMOND said...

I didn't quite get how it works, but it sounds futuristic and spectacular, I love how technology moves forward every day!

T.D. McFrost said...

I'm probably gonna preorder one. I'm totally excited about this!

Isn't the world we live in so great? Gosh, it's a fantastic time we live in. Minus all the bad stuff, of course.

jaybird said...

This looks like something from a Sci Fi movie. How people come up with this stuff is beyond me. I can barely master navigating my own blog.. This kind of technology and the minds behind its creation, just amazes me.

ryan field said...

This is very interesting. If you get one please post more about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...