I'm back after a long week of working like a bee, and I'm ready to give this second challenge my all! Before I explain what I'll be doing for this contest, let's have a brief summary of the rules shall we?
Two people are sitting together under the remains of a concrete bridge. Their backs are against a rusted bridge support. One person’s leg is cut. The other person has wet hair.
Second Campaigner Challenge
Do one or more of the following:
- Write a pitch/logline for a book based on the prompts (less than 100 words)
- Write a short story/flash fiction piece of less than 200 words based on the prompts
- Write a poem with a twist using the prompts as inspiration (in less than 200 words)
- Write a story/poem in five sentences, each sentence based on one of the prompts
- Write a poem/flash fiction piece (in less than 200 words) about the water pear *without* using the words “pear”, “spoon”, or “droplet”.
I'll attempt two out of five prompts and I'll post one today and the other on Wednesday. The first will be the logline, as it's a nice change of pace, and the other will be a short story. I might change my mind and do one more, it all depends on how my work week goes, so you never know. :)
My logline is based on the image with the poor kids. Allrighty then, without further diddlying, let the challenge begin!
One Hour To Live
Haysus has nothing but wants everything, so when a strange merchant promises to shower him with riches, he doesn't hesitate for a second. All he has to do is complete three tasks: build a house, marry a girl and kill his entire family. Sounds easy enough, except he only has one hour to finish...or disappear forever.
And that's it!
I want you guys to critique this every which way. Be as critical as you can, be as kind as you can--aw heck just critique the darn thing!
This was fun and I can't wait to see what you guys came up with!
Have a great day!